Sunday, February 1, 2009


Bonjour! After over 30 hours of travel and maybe an hour of sleep, my group and I made it to Yaounde. We've been staying at a monastery for the past few days for Orientation, but we are all moving in with our homestay families tonight. The capital of Cameroon is very urban and exciting, and all of the people have been incredibly nice. I am only beginning to really comprehend the reality of being in Africa - it's hard to believe that I'm actually here. At the moment my fellow students and I are sitting in our headquarters, watching a soccer match on TV and working on our first papers. Classes start tomorrow, and I'm very excited. This is going to be a great semester - challenging, but absolutely wonderful.







Monastery and Yaounde


Love you all,
Kayce


P.S.

My address:

Kayce Mobley
c/o SIT
BP 33241
Yaounde, Cameroon, Central Africa

1 comment: